DIPLOMA IN CHAPLAINCY (HEALTHCARE)
We invite you to take advantage of an opportunity to be introduced into the world of Healthcare Chaplaincy with an option of applying to join a UK University accredited Post-Graduate studies in Healthcare Chaplaincy programme.
This course is a vocational programme intended to equip students with cutting-edge knowledge, practical skills and professional competence to provide chaplaincy services that meet the needs of our changing and highly diverse society. The course is made of five modules, which includes a placement component that provides students with opportunities to readily transfer knowledge into practice.
At the end of the studies, successful students will be awarded a Diploma in Chaplaincy (Health Care). Though the Diploma we offer currently is primarily for Healthcare Chaplaincy, you will also have the opportunity to learn about other strands of Chaplaincy services such as Prisons and Military Chaplaincy.
This course is accredited by NCFE.
Our lectures are delivered by competent, practising, and seasoned lecturers who are in the business of delivering cutting-edge professional chaplaincy services in healthcare settings.
10 months programme
The course is made up of 5 modules but divided into two main components, which are:
- Teaching Component – this part runs through the whole 10 months with lots of practical learning opportunities.
- Placement Component – This component is for 9 months and runs alongside the teaching components.
The five modules are:
- The Provision of Spiritual, Religious and Pastoral Care in Context – Different Chaplaincy Pathways.
- Communication Skills for Professional Chaplaincy in Multi-Cultural Context.
- Reflective Practice.
- Placement Preparatory Training (This is a one-week intensive training in our selected Hospital centre).
- Professional Placement (This is 9 months placement for students to achieve 200 hours of Pastoral work in a Healthcare setting of their choice. It runs concurrently with the teaching components. Students are responsible for choosing their own Placement centres).
OPTIONS / PATHWAYS
All modules are compulsory.
MODE OF STUDY
- Hospital Placement
January, April and September.
A month before commencement of lectures.
- At least GCE O’Level. Applicants with no GCE O’ Level will be considered via another route.
- Two references (one of the references should come from your Church).
- Enhanced DBS (not more than 3 years during the course duration).
- All students enrolled on the Diploma of Chaplaincy will attend one-week intensive Hospital setting training as part of the course for preparation towards the 9 months practicum component.
- It is a requirement that your Church is a member of one of these Christian Faith organisations: Churches Together in England; the Free Churches Group; Churches in Communities International and Trans-Atlantic Pacific Churches (TAPAC).
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK (Proof of Passport or Immigration Status).
Course fee is £1850.
I have always had the passion to provide pastoral care for people who are unwell in hospitals. Studying the Diploma in Healthcare Chaplaincy with Christ the Redeemer College provided me the opportunity and practical experience. Many years ago, you could walk into a hospital to visit and pray for the sick, but today you require specialised skills and qualifications to do so. Therefore, this course becomes very essential. As an Ordained Minister of Religion, this course will provide you tools needed to give spiritual care to the sick in the healthcare sector. It is a dream come true for me and I will recommend it to anyone that wants to be a healthcare chaplain.
– O. Daniel
My studying of Chaplaincy at Christ the Redeemer College taught me how to give spiritual and pastoral care to people in hospital and hospices. Spirituality and faith are important for many people in the communities we serve. I highly recommend this programme to anyone in ministry who wants to be a Chaplain.
– C. Adenuga